Snacks are always so important to me. I try to figure out new recipes that are healthy and yummy at the same time.
Since I eat healthy and tend to always workout, I make sure that the ingredients are good for my diet and low in calories.
Here are my top suggestions for healthy and yummy snacks:
1. Greek yogurt and mixed berries. It is a great source of calcium and potassium and of course high in protein. However, berries are one of the best sources of antioxidants.
2. Apple slices with peanut butter taste fantastic together. Apples are high in fiber, and peanut butter may have additional benefits for heart health.
3. Dark chocolate with almonds makes a rich, satisfying and portable snack. Both are high in magnesium, almonds can reduce appetite and help lose weight, and dark chocolate lowers blood pressure and reduce heart disease risk.
4. Cucumber slices with hummus. These two go well together.
5. Chia pudding: chia seeds are loaded with fiber and can be included in all types of diets, including vegan and ketogenic diets.
They are also high in antioxidants that help reduce inflammation and improve heart health.
6. Dried unsweetened coconut: it is tasty, filling, and portable
As for weight-loss foods I suggest the following:
1. Salmon: fatty fish like salmon is incredibly healthy and very satisfying, keeping u full for many hours with relatively few calories
2. Boiled potatoes: they contain a diverse range of nutrients.
3. Tuna: Another low-calorie, high protein, and low in fat food.